Monday, August 18, 2008

The desperate wings




Being a bird, a bird that was always free
I started flying;
I knew I would cross the ocean not near.
The ambitions, the wings were longer
The expanse, the dreams seemed higher
As the migration period was near
I wanted to be the bird to cross the ocean not reached by anyone dear
As I prepared myself against those shackles;
Suddenly my spine seemed insincere.

As I expanded in the horizon;
As I thought the dream was near
The ocean visual was clear
I opened my wings
I pushed up those limbs,
Suddenly I fell down
Fell hard on the ground
There was something wet, something that oozed out my wings
The color was red
The arrow was dull,
As if meant not for just snatching away the dream
But keeping me alive
Alive of living the unfulfilled dream
The unfulfilled desire of an ocean, an ocean that neither seemed far nor near
But I was caged, with no wings to bear!

5 comments:

Abhinav said...

nice work....keep posting...
i feel life isn't all about achieving our dreamz its more bout the journey we made while achieving that dream...
we all dream big..many even try hard but only a few succeed..but its the one who bleeds and who looses something in his quest for excellence is the only who can truly savor the joy of achieving his/her dreams...

Anonymous said...

one of your best composition.
for the first time i could feel what u meant.
truly speaking...a verry good one.
keep writing

Kinshu said...

Couldn't agree more with Oracle

Awesome work...

asif said...

The question and answer of the life lies in the fact that its the dream which we see make what we are.......but the sheer hard work which you put in the effort is the reward..dreams are not a goal its a path and it could never end and theres always a possibility that you can achieve your goal in some point of the time in your life.....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.