Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The child is no more a child

Each day I found her growing,
The learner in her was evolving,
And the mentor in me was left behind grovelling!

She came to me as a child
Someone who was tender & blind.
..........................................
We walked together for a while,
But then came a hero in her life!

Someone who was driving her as a calf,
Someone claiming to be her better half.

And she came to us to tell
That we’ll have to go to hell..

It was over between us
Coz he didn’t approve our friendship thus!

I was dumbstruck, waiting to recover from the shock
But the child was today a young lady, to me a mock!

What was there between us from long ,stood broken today
And the child I felt part of was thrown away!


P.S.-Written to understand, if I could anyday allow my life partner or my better half to influence my choices.
In the way I do things in my life…decideing my friends,my choices.
Though I don’t approve of it now ,let’s see what life has in store for me.

1 comment:

Anand said...

after long long time I came to your blog.. as didn't see you posting anything since long..

nice poem.. hope written by you.. btw influence of other half is not forced, it comes automatically.. ;-)